SF SEED: Steps to Apply
- Apply online at http://caregistry.org
- Print, complete, & submit SF SEED Application Supplemental Forms
*Detailed instructions on how to apply listed below*
(CA Registry's Website Homepage)
Detailed Steps on How to Apply for an SF SEED Stipend
1. Open an Internet browser and type in http://caregistry.org to enter the Early Care & Education Workforce Registry website. **We recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your internet browser.
a. If you already have a Registry account - Login to your account using your email address and update your personal and/or employment details (see screen shot below).
b. If you do NOT have a Registry account - Click on the ‘Create a Profile’ and follow all the steps to create a personal account. Then, sign in to your account using your email address.
2. On the left hand column, click on “Stipends & Pathways”
3. Click on 'Step 1. Apply'
4. View your Personal and Employment information in the screen below and make sure your personal and employment information is up to date.
4. Click confirm and continue, and click on the link that reads 'SF SEED'
5. Read about the Stipend Program and click ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page.
6. Check off up to two boxes that identify what you are planning to pursue.
7. Select the Stipend Period for which you are applying
8. Select the Course Type: College Credit
9. Type in the name of the college/university you are enrolled in
10. Type in the total units you are currently enrolled in for this semester. For the Fall stipend period, include the number of units you are enrolled for Fall and the number of units you completed in the Summer in the same application. For the Spring stipend period, include the number of units you are enrolled for Spring and the number of units you completed in the Winter in the same application.
11. Type in your student identification number (ID) for the institution
12. If you are enrolled in more than one college/university, click Add/Add Another Stipend Request, and repeat steps 8. Through 11.
+Add Another Stipend Request
13. Read and review your stipend request.
14. Read the Statement of Understanding
15. Click ‘Submit Stipend Application’ at the bottom of the page.
16. Once you have completed the application, you will see the following screen
17. If a pop-up box appears called ‘Employment Verification Request’ it means that your current employer does not have access to submit electronic verification of employment through the Registry. Please type in the First and Last Name of your Director or Supervisor and email. The SF SEED staff will work with the Children’s Council of San Francisco to support outreach to your employer. If your employer does not complete the Registry verification process you will need to have your employer fill out the paper copy.
18. Click ‘Supplemental Forms’ to download the SF SEED Supplemental forms. Once it has been downloaded, please print these forms out to complete. You can upload the completed forms into your Registry Profile by clicking My Documents or later, by logging into the Registry and going to My Profile and then My Documents.
(Make sure that you have printed the Spring 2019 Forms; if you have not cleared your browser's history recently, the old forms may appear. We recommend using Modzilla Firefox as your internet browser)
Application Supplemental Paper Forms
19. Read the cover letter and follow the steps for completing the Application Supplemental Forms
20. Page 1: Employment Verification Form – Under ‘Applicant Information’ please fill out all the fields and sign your name
21. Page 1: Employment Verification Form – Under ‘Site Information’ and ‘Employment Verification’ please have your employer fill out and verify all information is correct by signing the bottom of the page. If you are an FCC owner you should report your individual income after taxes, do not report your business income.
22. Page 2: SFSU Vendor 204 Form – Please fill out all the fields next to the red arrows and sign your name at the bottom of the page. This form must be completed by every applicant, even if you do not attend SFSU
23. Page 3: The San Francisco State University Stipend Appointment Form – Please fill out all the fields next to the red arrows and sign your name. You only need to fill out this form if you are taking any courses at San Francisco State University
24. Page 4: The San Francisco State University NON-SFSU Student Stipend Appointment Form – Please fill out all the fields next to the red arrows and sign your name. You only need to fill out this form if all the courses you are taking are NOT at San Francisco State University
25. Page 5: Turn in copy of ED Plan - All applicants must attach a copy of their current ED Plan--attaching a copy of your ED Plan is required to receive a stipend for the SF SEED stipend periods.
What is an education plan?
An ED Plan is an ongoing document created by both you and an academic counselor and is a tool to that outlines your projected academic plan. Your ED Plan is a resource to help you plan out your courses, major, and other academic or career goals.
Please visit our page ECE Workforce Resources for links to different college advising resources.
- Be sure to have your education plan signed by your academic counselor. You are encouraged to set up an appointment with your department or with a transfer counselor at your institution.
- Ensure that your education plan lists coursework for at least one semester in advance.
- Schedule your education plan appointment early in the semester to avoid last-minute scheduling.
- During your meeting ask about coursework that counts toward multiple education goals to ensure you’re on the fast track to your academic and professional goals. For example, CDEV 65 at CCSF counts toward a permit upgrade, an AA/AS degree, and transferring.
If you have any questions about the educational plan requirement or need more support with obtaining an education plan from your institution, contact us at email@example.com
26. After completing the Application Supplemental Forms, return them to the SF SEED office by the stipend period deadline.
Example of Forms Completed
Here is an EXAMPLE of the forms completed. Please print your own forms from the Registry and fill them out with your information and turn them in to SF SEED.
Page Last Updated February 22, 2019.