SF SEED: Steps to Apply
- Apply online at http://caregistry.org
- Print, fill out, & turn in SF SEED Application Supplemental Forms
*Detailed instructions on how to apply listed below*
(CA Registry's Website Homepage)
Detailed Steps on How to Apply for an SF SEED Stipend
1. Open an Internet browser and type in http://caregistry.org to enter the Early Care & Education Workforce Registry website. We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser.
a. If you already have a Registry account - Login to your account using your email address
b. If you do NOT have a Registry account - Click on the button ‘Register Now’ and follow all of the steps to create a personal account then sign into your account using your email address
2. On the left hand column, click on “Stipends & Pathways”
3. Click on 'Step 1. Apply'
4. Click on the link that reads 'SF SEED'
5. Read about the Stipend Program and click ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page.
6. Check off the boxes that identify which degree you currently have.
7. Check off the boxes that identify what you are planning to pursue.
8. Select the Institution you are currently attending.
9. Type in your Student ID number.
10. Select Stipend Period
11. Add all courses you took in Summer 2017 and the courses you are taking for the Fall 2017 semester on the same application.
12. When finished, click ‘Continue’
13. Read and review your stipend request.
14. Click ‘Complete Application’ at the bottom of the page.
15. Once you have completed the application, go back to the left hand column and click on Step 2. Download Forms
16. Under ‘Participant Forms’, please click on 'SF SEED Payment Form'
17. Once it has been downloaded, please print these forms out to complete (Make sure that you have printed the Fall 2017 Forms; if you have not cleared your browser's history recently, the old forms may appear. We recommend using Modzilla Firefox as your internet browser)
Application Supplemental Paper Forms
18. Read the cover letter and follow the steps for completing the Application Supplemental Forms
19. Page 1: Employment Verification Form – Under ‘Applicant Information’ please fill out all of the fields and sign your name
20. Page 1: Employment Verification Form – Under ‘Site Information’ and ‘Employment Verification’ please have your employer fill out and verify all information is correct by signing the bottom of the page. If you are an FCC owner you should report your individual income after taxes, do not report your bussines income.
21. Page 2: SFSU Vendor 204 Form – Please fill out all of the fields next to the red arrows and sign your name at the bottom of the page. This form must be completed by every applicant, even if you do not attend SFSU
22. Page 3: The San Francisco State University Stipend Appointment Form – Please fill out all of the fields next to the red arrows and sign your name. You only need to fill out this form if you are taking any courses at San Francisco State University
23. Page 4: The San Francisco State University NON-SFSU Student Stipend Appointment Form – Please fill out all of the fields next to the red arrows and sign your name. You only need to fill out this form if all of the courses you are taking are NOT at San Francisco State University
24. Page 5: SF SEED Supplemental Form – Answer questions 1-4. If you are a CCSF student, attach an Account Summary print out from your CCSF Web4 portal.To access your Account Summary, follow the steps below:
Go to https://www.ccsf.edu/ and click “MyCCSF” at the top right corner of the webpage.
Click “Login to Web4” and login with your account information
Click “Student Services & Financial Aid & EOPS
Click “View Account Summary” and print this page
Attach the account summary to your application
All applicants must attach a copy of a current ED Plan, attaching a copy of your ED Plan is required in order to receive a stipend for the Spring 2017 SF SEED stipend period.
What is an education plan?
An ED Plan is an ongoing document created by both you and an academic counselor and is a tool to that outlines your projected academic plan. Your ED Plan is a resource to help you plan out your courses, major, and other academic or career goals.
Please visit our page ECE Workforce Resources for links to different college advising resources.
- Be sure to have your education plan signed by your academic counselor. You are encouraged to set up an appointment with your department or with a transfer counselor at your institution.
- Ensure that your education plan lists coursework for at least one semester in advance.
- Schedule your education plan appointment early in the semester to avoid last-minute scheduling.
- During your meeting ask about coursework that counts toward multiple education goals to ensure you’re on the fast track to your academic and professional goals. For example, CDEV 65 at CCSF counts toward a permit upgrade, an AA/AS degree, and transferring.
If you have any questions about the educational plan requirement or need more support with obtaining an education plan from your institution, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
25. After completing the Application Supplemental Forms, return them to the SF SEED office by the stipend period deadline.
Example of Forms Completed
Here is an EXAMPLE of the forms completed. Please print your own forms from the Registry and fill them out with your information and turn them in to SF SEED.
Page Last Updated August, 2017.