Removing Barriers & Minimizing Challenges.
SF SEED (San Francisco Supporting Early Educator Degrees) is a fiscal incentive program for early child educators as they advance toward an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, as well as professional development within their current place of employment. SF SEED stipends are provided to individuals currently in the workforce in a licensed child care center-based or family child care program and are enrolled in unit bearing courses in a 2-year or 4-year university leading to their Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education.
SF SEED is partnered with the Early Care & Workforce Registry where the SF SEED stipend application is based online at www.caregistry.org.
Like us & follow SF SEED updates on Facebook @ SF SEED Facebook Page
To be eligible to receive an incentive from SF SEED you must meet the following criteria:
· Must be currently engaged in the Workforce for 15 or more hours a week in a licensed family child care or center based program in San Francisco
· Must have been engaged for at least 6 months as an early childhood educator in San Francisco
· Earn under $60,000 a year (individual income)
· Currently attending an accredited 2-year or 4-year institute of higher learning
- Enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit-bearing units
- Pass courses with a C or better
SF SEED Stipend Application Dates
Fall Semester Cycle
(Fall + Summer Courses Completed)
Opens: September 1st
Closes: November 21st
Spring Semester Cycle
(Spring + Winter Courses Completed)
Opens: February 1st
Closes: April 21st
Page Last Updated January 20th 2015